Fleas and ticks carry diseases that can make your pet very sick. Fleas can multiply rapidly. Just one female can produce hundreds of fleas, and each new generation can grow from egg to adult in 14 days under ideal conditions. Fleas multiply in your pet's bed, your bed, blankets, pillows and furniture, etc. It is important to treat ALL pets in your household. If you do have a flea infestation, you need to vacuum, clean and treat furniture. Use hot water and mechanical treatments such as washing machines, carpet cleaners and steam vacuums. We highly recommend purchasing flea/tick and heartworm prevention from your veterinarian. Some products sold at stores may carry a similar looking product but it may not be as effective! Here are some products that we sell and recommend:
Flea and Tick Prevention For Dogs:
- Vectra 3D is fast-acting. We absolutely love Vectra 3D because parasites don't have to bite to die. It begins reducing flea feeding in 5 minutes; kills fleas in 6 hours.
- Repels and kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting and sand flies, lice and mites (including sarcoptes).
- Kills adult fleas and prevents the development of all immature stages of fleas: eggs, larvae and pupae.
- Protects for 1 month.
- Remains effective after bathing or swimming.
- Protection for puppies as young as 7 weeks of age.
- The only flea and tick protection that last up to 12 weeks with a single (pork flavored) chew.
- Bravecto kills fleas, prevents flea infestations, and kills ticks (black-legged tick, American dog tick, and brown dog tick) for 12 weeks. It also kills lone star ticks for 8 weeks.
- Bravecto Chew starts killing fleas within just 2 hours and reaches 100% efficacy in 12 hours.
- It is safe for dogs weighing at least 4.4 lbs and for puppies aged 6 months or older.
- Credelio is a beef-flavored, chewable tablet for oral administration to dogs and puppies according to their weight.
- Kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations and the treatment and control of tick infestations.
- Credelio is given orally once a month in dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
Flea and Tick Prevention for Cats:
- Fleas are capable of spreading a number of diseases to kittens, cats, humans and other animals. Vectra kills fleas within two hours.
- After Vectra is applied, it spreads on the surface of the skin and hair to protect your cat's entire body. The ingredients dry quickly, are non-greasy, and provide long-lasting protection against all stages of fleas.
- Used once a month.
- Kills fleas within 6 hours. On the day of application, 97% efficacy within 3 hours.
- Fleas and ticks don't have to bite to die.
- Protects against multiple stages of the flea life cycle.
- Last for a full month.
Heartworm disease is damaging, potentially deadly, but easily preventable. The disease has been diagnosed in all 50 states in the US. An infection can happen in second with one bite from an infected mosquito.
Interceptor Plus (for dogs)
- Prevents heartworm disease.
- Treats and controls common intestinal parasites, including roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms.
- Interceptor Plus should be administered orally once every month.
- Soft chicken flavored chew.
Milbeguard (for cats and dogs)
- A once a month beef tablet that prevents heartworm disease, controls adult hookworm, and removes and control adult roundworm and whipworm infections in dogs and puppies.
- Also, a once a month tablet that prevents heartworm disease and removes adult roundworms and hookworms in cats and kittens.
Heartgard (for dogs)
- A soft beef flavored chew that controls heartworm, hookworm and roundworm.
- Prescription dog and cat food: Hills Science Diet and Royal Canin Prescription foods.
- CET and Oravet dental chews as well as dog and cat tooth brushes and toothpaste.
- Lean Treats for dogs and cats.
- Prescription and non-prescription shampoos, ear cleansers and flushes.
- Dasuquin soft chews and Cosequin for dogs and cats.
- Feliway wipes, spray, and diffusers.
- Siphotrol area spray and foggers for environmental clean in houses with a flea infestation.